For Chocolate and Banana (the best combo of flavors ever, by the way) Bread Pudding, you will need:
- A circular microwavable container. Mine is about a pint in volume. To see what a microwavable container is see the previous post, Basic Microwavable Pasta.
- 2-3 slices of decently dry bread. If the bread isn't dry, then it can't absorb all the things added which are delicious and good.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana. The one I got wasn't ripe; while the bread pudding was still wonderful, every bite of unripened banana had a hint of sadness =(
- A handful of chocolate chips, maybe about 30. I have to take this moment to proudly state that I used just the right amount of chocolate chips. I'm saying this because some of my friends recently dined upon chocolate and banana pancakes, which I may have made "86% chocolate, 12% batter, and 2% banana."
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk, you know, roughly
While the bread pudding cooks, it may begin to expand. Mine started rising, and I freaked out, fearing another Panda Bread incident. However, it settles down again once you stop cooking it.
This recipe makes enough for probably two people, unless you really like bread pudding in which case omnom!